HomeAbout NorwayAdventuresTop destinationsEventsFamous Norwegians Forum
Search

Quicksearch

Menu

















Panorama picture from Trondheim Municipality in Norway




THE OLD TOWN BRIDGE

Gamle Bybro was first built on this site in 1681. At the same time, Kristiansten Fort was under construction. A sentry and excise house stood at either end af the bridge. The excise house on the west side is still standing and is in use as a kindergarten. The bridge and gates as they now stand were built in 1861 by Carl Adolf Dahl, the municipal officer in charge of public buildings and works.